Yeah, one of the worst parts about moving is having to find a new church. Nothing can ever compare to PIBC which was our church family for about 3 1/2 years. And then there is the going from laid back Hawaii to the conservative East Coast. Talk about some changes.
And then, believe it or not, the closest church to us with an AWANA program is about 9 miles away. In fact, there were 3 pretty close (within a mile) of each other at that distance. We tried all 3 as well as another one which was another 5 minutes or so further than these churches.
It's been agonizing going to church on Sundays and not knowing if you should plan to attend other things at this church or wait to see what next Sunday's church brings. Course, we did get pretty lucky one weekend and got in on a luncheon with Jeff Struecker, one of the Rangers turned Chaplain that is portrayed in the movie Black Hawk Down. That was cool. He is a great speaker, very down to earth and personable. We enjoyed that and even got an autographed copy of his book (on for Daddy and one for Uncle Daryl).
So anyway, this weekend we finally decided to settle down at a church---Daddy still isn't 100% on this church so we will give it several months and then re-evaluate at that time. (I am a little excited about AWANA next year--I think I will probably take next year off of helping and have a couple hours a week to myself to regroup while the Hawaiian Princess is in Puggles, the Racing Princess is in Sparkies and Daddy is at work.) The Puggles performed in the service this morning--it was so cute to see about nine 2 and 3 year olds sing to God (and really only knowing the words "God made ME").
Well, Daddy is calling--he has been "cleaning" the garage---he refuses to call it HIS until it is relatively ordered and no longer storing stuff for me. Course, it might never truly be his if that is his criteria :)
2 comments:
If it makes anyone feel any better, neither Andrew or I were 100% sold on the church we joined here. And yet once we'd made the commitment and settled, we found more and more to love about this community of believers. Praying the same for you.
Oh - and the first time I heard about the AWANA program for 2 yr olds, I thought it was called "Puddles". Which I thought would have been hilariously appropriate. :) I'm going to be Cubbies director next year - which I've decided has to be easier than actually teaching Cubbies...
It took me a while to settle in at PIBC, even though I already had friends there. Hopefully, soon, you'll feel about this chuch much of what you feel for PIBC.
We miss you and we love you!
Post a Comment