So our Christmas break is officially over...the Disney Princess and Auntie S. have left European soil and are headed back stateside. We are just kind of having a day of non-consequence. Daddy is on 24 hr duty so we won't see him until mid-morning tomorrow. Right now the girls are building lego masterpieces downstairs and I am typing up the Hawaiian Princess' new lesson plans while catching up on the 5th season of Bones since it is overdue from the library.
So about the Hawaiian Princess' new lesson plans...she has been rocking through the kindergarten material and even though she has not completed it, she is definately beyond it. She deemed the readers totally unworthy--"they are just words, Mom, not real stories" Crazy kid! We have the 1st grade materials and now I am prepping those lesson plans for us to start next week. We might start later this week, but in my mind, we will start next week :)
Baby Princess even got a "school book" for Christmas (one of those large preschool books). So now she can actually feel like she is doing school as well. Since we will be using this book for quite awhile, I think I will take it apart and put it in page protectors so that we can reuse it multiple times for her. Our first focus will be colors and shapes and then we will move onto letter recognition!
The Racing Princess is working her way through 3rd grade materials :) She has totally found a love of reading and received an entire series of books for Christmas. Math tends to overwhelm her--she knows the mechanics and can walk me through the process and the answers, but left to do it on her own, she seeks shiny things instead :) We have found some fun math things to do (dice, legos, menu math, flashcards on Mom's Kindle, flashcards on the computer) and she got some cool math related computer games for Christmas.
Meanwhile, Mom is doing her research for our summer study on the Middle Ages and am really glad that I got an early start since it appears that our library will be semi-outta commission from April thru July.
Oh man--been "relaxing" so well, totally forgot to catch up on my laundry! Guess I better go lug it downstairs and sort it and get to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment