So the current traveling exhibit at the VA Air and Space Museum is called Alien Earths. What great timing since we are studying Astronomy for science this year!!
There is a section of the permanent exhibits that focuses on space and the planets and some of the pictures below are also from that exhibit as well.
We really enjoyed going with the Racing Princess' best friend Heather and her mom. The girls really thought the analogy of salt and stars was pretty cool. It really helped them to visualize the concept. Of course my favorite part was the scale where it told you your weight on other planets--needless to say, I don't care what the scientific community says--Pluto is my favorite planet for that cuz if the Hawaiian Princess only weight 1.3 pounds on Pluto--I have by far surpassed any weightloss goal I could possibly set for myself by weighing myself on Pluto :)
No comments:
Post a Comment