So over Thanksgiving weekend (does this tell you how far behind I am? and I can't believe my mom didn't actually say anything until today and she is coming HERE tomorrow!)...we went to the Virginia Living Museum with Auntie Susie. Their current traveling exhibit is the Megalodon--a giant prehistoric shark.
Now personally, I have some issues with this kind of exhibit, but feel it is important to expose my children to it and explain my issues. My issue is that I believe in a young earth. I believe that God created the earth in six days and rested on the seventh day as it says in Genesis. With this being said, I also believe that man and dinosaurs walked the earth together. I don't believe in the prehistoric time periods as are presented in the Megalodon exhibit, I do believe that man and the megalodon co-existed.
This particular visit to the VLM seemed to open quite a can of worms for our family. I was very thankful that Auntie was there since she is the "family authority in science" with a strong science background in school and she was able to put it quite succinctly when she explained to our princesses that these scientists are just stupid. She also explained to them how you can't really tell them that cuz nobody likes to hear that they are stupid, so you have to use other evidence that they can relate to--and for that, I really, really, REALLY wanna go to the Creation Museum in Kentucky--this was created by Creationist scientists who believe every single word of the Bible and have the scientific knowledge to reconcile the two seemingly opposing views.
No comments:
Post a Comment