Friday, April 23, 2010

New Kitchen

The girls and I went to Nebraksa for Easter and came home to a beautiful, brand new kitchen and appliances. Daddy did the whole thing with some assistance from his sister Auntie S. on the second weekend we were away.



Originally we had a built in pantry, Daddy removed it and put in a cupboard type pantry which might be narrower but is definately deeper. The new frig is HUGE!! and the water that is dispensed is actually cold!!
Daddy also had to move the dishwasher from the right side of the sink to the left side of the sink. And I believe he scooted the sink over a bit so that now it is more centered on the window.

The backsplash is a gorgeous accent and really gives the kitchen it's own personality. I have more cupboards and so much more counterspace!!!






Believe it or not, there was once a door to the left of the stove. Daddy put a built in bookcase in the room on the otherside of that wall and closed off the doorway on that side--so when he redid the kitchen, he was able to finish closing off the doorway!!





I have a pretty canister set that matches my dishes that we will locate and put in place of the pink tupperware set :)
Auntie S. is making curtains for the window above the sink and the bay windows since she and Daddy couldn't find any reasonably priced ones that they liked!

No comments: