Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yes, I am new here....

please don't ask me if I like Germany yet---not until I am truly settled please--I mean where I feel like I am a member of the 21st century. We still don't have home phone or internet--it's pretty crazy how slow to get stuff hooked up and then I don't know if its because we actually live in a farming community about 15-20 minutes from post or what, but getting internet has been a horrific battle that we are still waging.

We have our household goods and for the past week and a half have been unpacking boxes--still loads of boxes waiting to be unpacked as well. Our house is starting to feel like home!! The girls' rooms are done, the bathrooms are done, the master bedroom--well, we still have clothes in boxes--but getting there. The living room and dining room are nearly done--trying to find a couple shelves for one of the display cabinets for last minute touches. Also need to hang things on the wall--that will be an adventure--requiring a mason drill bit and special hangers since the walls are concrete! Kitchen is done!

The basement is still a work in progress and will be my major project next week. We have a large room in the basement that eventually will be a playroom/schoolroom/guestroom---The Hawaiian Princess helped me get the playroom situated--boxes are stacked in what will be the guest room section and waiting for me to unpack to set up the schoolroom area! It's a bit overwhelming having a wall of boxes looming over you--I am really missing the built-in bookcase that Daddy had built in our VA house!

One of the really unusual things we have had to do is check the voltage on all of our electronics. We are delighted at several of the things that are dual voltage since then we don't have to use a transformer. However many things are not dual voltage--then we need to decide if it's worth pulling out of the box--are we gonna use it knowing we need a tranformer to use it? Crazy decisions!!

No comments: