the question Daddy and I keep asking each other in regards to being settled in...the obvious answer is NO...amid boxes (a few less than the day before) we still are not quite settled in. Daddy definately is not cuz his garage is still my storage area and not a proper garage yet--he's not gonna be settled for a while :)
We have be collecting estimates to add a second driveway and to install a fence (the latter Daddy is gonna do himself, but he did estimate at Home Depot vs Lowes for supplies).
The girls and I had a special treat today--while Daddy was out running errands, the neighbor's little dog got stranded on our back deck (piled quite high with empty boxes and boxes stuffed with packing paper). So we let her in the house (which the girls LOVED) and when I finally caught her, we all trooped next door to return her. Well, the Hawaiian Princess was quite put out about returning the doggie and wouldn't speak to the neighbors at first--rotten little thing. The Racing Princess, however, gave the short version of her life story (Mom, do you really wonder why I wasn't in a hurry for the Hawaiian Princess to talk when her sister hasn't stopped since she got the hang of it? Can I relinquish my title of motormouth yet????)
Slowly things are getting more into shape--I have a functional kitchen (that means I can use it if I want to), all the bathrooms are decked out and functional (only missing a minor tweak here and there), the bedrooms are nearly box free--still waiting for pictures to be hung--the girls rooms should be done soon (if Daddy wants everything hanging straight, he should probably do it real soon before I find the hammer and nails again), our room is still a mess, but down to just a few boxes--so not too bad. Don't ask about the school room--as for the living room, I know what is in every box in there and mostly where the contents should go--just waiting for Manuel Labour to move it all for me :) as if he doesn't have enough things on his current To Do list :)
Hopefully the surveyor's will be out this week so we can start putting up the fence next weekend--I mean so Daddy can put up the fence next weekend--the girls and I hope to go to the International Children's Festival in downtown Hampton :) On the pretext of keeping them outta his hair, of course :)
Okay--back to the boxes...again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment