So I am finally up and running with my desktop--hooked up to the internet at least. Took the old hard drive to a computer dr. and am praying they can extract some stuff. If they cannot, than it will be a loss of some stuff and pain in the bum for other stuff, but nothing exactly life threatening :)
Of course my husband rolls his eyes any time I mention that I have something but it's on the yuck hard drive :) And the computer guy who came to install my new harddrive gave me the "you should have backed it all up" Yeah, ya think!! So I am saving my pennies for an external hard drive to do just that--back up all the needless stuff that appears to only be important to me.
Have I mentioned I stupidly stored some of my favorite recipes that I don't have memorized on the computer---so eventually (if I cannot find a printed copy somewhere when I decide I am hungry for it) I could be emailing some folks :)
okay--just one more time will I cyber-gripe about my computer---when I find out if "hardware surgery" was successfuly or not....until then we have a family gathering coming up so postings could be sparce for a week or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment