Wednesday, June 11, 2008

East coast heat wave

yuck!!! Oh how I miss Hawaii and it's weather (even without the trade winds blowing, said with tongue in cheek). This last weekend and Monday, the temperature was over 100 degrees and then add the heat index and it was 115 or higher. UGH!!!!

We have lived without a heat index for 4 years and without central air for 2 years--in fact the day before I turned on our A/C for the summer, the Racing Princess asked me what air conditioning was. She didn't (neither did the Hawaiian Princess) understand why we couldn't go outside and play on those sunny, sweltering days. And why when we did go out at 4 or 5 pm it was so hot and yucky.

If this is what summer is on the east coast, then Hawaii here I come!!! (in my dreams, I know)

Here I thought cabin fever was what you got in the winter when it was too cold and too dangerous to go anywhere--guess what, you can get it in the summer too when it is too hot and too dangerous to go anywhere. Just walking from the front door to the van, the Racing Princess demands a drink of water cuz she is too sweaty---ugh!!! and the sad thing is that it is true. I feel really bad for the folks who have had to work out in this yuck!! with that as my alternative, I guess I will take cabin fever.

No comments: