So I picked up the book "No more pacifiers!" for the Hawaiian Princess today. Daddy read it to her three times (per her request). After the third time, she was saying "no more pacis" and had given her paci to Daddy. She went the rest of the morning without it. Paci reappeared at naptime--but when I went to get her up, there was no paci in her mouth. So I moved quickly and got her outta bed, diaper changed and downstairs--without a paci. She went all evening til right before bed (which has been quite late this week with the Disney Princess having Youth VBS every night).
Now this isn't a hard core push to be rid of the paci (cuz I am not sure my currently raw nerves can handle it) but definately a nudge. Hopefully it will continue to go over well :)
2 comments:
There's honestly no rush. She won't go to Kindergarten or college with it. We went slowly on breaking Little Man of his. I cut him back to sleep-time only (naps and nighttime) and then he broke himself of it when he was ready.
She's a smart girl - she'll come to it when she's ready.
Good job mommy. Good luck with it and maybe grandma won't be so mad at you anymore. She just might kick this in the butt herself with the book. WOW!
Post a Comment