So the Racing Princess has been asking for nearly a year to get her hair cut. And after the drama involved in washing it and brushing it, I was more than ready for it to be cut. (and those who previously threatened my life if I cut her hair are in Hawaii--I welcome you to come over and shoot me--we'd love to see you!!!) So after explaining Locks of Love to Daddy and the Racing Princess, it was decided. After the large family photos and photos of the three girls, the Racing Princess could get her hair cut.
If you don't know what Locks of Love is, please do check out their website. It's a wonderful program for donating hair to be made into hairpieces for children suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. The Racing Princess is praying to bless another little girl with the hair she has donated.
We went to Pigtails and Crewcuts today. The Racing Princess wanted her hair above her shoulders. Daddy said he was okay with cutting off the minimum required for Locks of Love: 10 inches. Cutting 10 inches and trimming it to look nice, brings it just below her shoulders. She looks older than her five years with her hair cut. I am looking forward to her next bath and the ease of washing half as much hair as normal and hopefully less knots when brushing her hair as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment