Our homeschool co-op took a fieldtrip cruise on the Miss Hampton II back in October--while I have had the pics on my computer for awhile now, I (with screaming baby in front room) am finally posting them :)
Daddy was able to come on the cruise with us. He is quite interested in the history of this area (gotta take advantage of these things as we can when we move so much). This cruise stopped at Fort Wool Island--which is only accessible by boat and the Miss Hampton II is the only cruise line that stops there. We had a great tour and history lesson of the fort and role in the Civil War--but you would have to ask Daddy about it since he was in a better position to hear more :)
The cruise also took us by Norfolk Naval Station and we were able to see many of the ships currently docked there--those pictures are not included here at this time--maybe when I have more time and can write about each ship, I might post them.
Our tour guide also gave us some history of the area and some of the buildings pictured in the slideshow below--but again, Daddy was in a better position to hear more of the stories than I was :) That and I was trying not to continue my tradition of feeding the fishes!!
The Racing Princess was able to sit between her best friend and her special friend on the boat and loved that. The Baby Princess slept nearly half of the cruise--so that was nice as well. The Hawaiian Princess attempted several nosedives off the top of the boat--but luckily another homeschool mom had a child leash that she was not using and we were able to keep a handle on her :)
No comments:
Post a Comment