She turned 2 years old today.
Her birth was the one we were the most unprepared for. She wasn't due until January 17th and I had been arguing with the doctor about having her on January 9th but that was more than a week before the due date and unacceptable. (We knew she was gonna be a c-section).
Baby Princess' pregnancy was definately the most eventful--filled with loads of trips to the hospital. In the last few weeks before her arrival, I drove out to the hospital three times a week: twice for non-stress tests (because of gestational diabetes) and once for doctor's appointments. That particular day, I headed out as usually--eating my healthy breakfast on the way in since sometimes the non-stress tests could take most of the morning and my blood sugar would crash horribly (and did at the second test for the pregnancy). Also packed was a snack and my lunch, in case baby was really uncooperative :)
Well, it really wasn't baby that was on cooperative on that Tuesday in 2008...it was my body...blood pressure was scary high. My doctor enters the room where I am preparing to leave and says "we need to talk about having this baby early." To me this was great news, since I had been begging to have the c-section scheduled for January 9th. Then the doctor says, "I mean today!" I promptly told him that was highly inconvenient for me...I mean we hadn't dug the car seat out of the attic yet, not to mention all the baby clothes that needed to be washed and put away, and my folks weren't here yet...they weren't coming til January 8th!
UGH!!
So I called Daddy and casually asked him if he would like to have a baby today. Daddy was working second shift at the time and hadn't exactly woken up yet and the Racing Princess and Hawaiian Princess were downstairs watching cartoons. I had to let Daddy know that it was the nicest way that I knew to tell him to find someone to watch the kids and get his butt to the hospital!
We had not arranged for a back-up plan since we knew we were gonna be a scheduled c-section---Daddy called the first person we could think of from church to watch the girls until Auntie S could come back into town (she had just left our house from Christmas on Sunday!). Luckily, DS and daughter H were delighted to keep our princesses!!
Oh the calls to be made....my folks, Auntie S.....by the time Daddy got to the hospital, I was nearly prepped for surgery . We had to wait 6 hours from when I finished my breakfast enroute to the non-stress test before we could start surgery. And that gave Daddy enough time to get the girls dressed and outta the house to DS and then up to the hospital to find me.
Daddy knew that Baby Princess was a girl. He had known since the first ultrasound. I didn't want to know, I like the surprise. I found out when she was born!
Today, Baby Princess is full of personality and attitude. She is totally a Daddy's girl (nearly to an extreme some moments). She has the most contagious laugh and absolutely loves hugs (on her terms, mind you!) She generally knows what she wants and will get the point across. Although she is very female and can be fickle, quickly changing her mind in the blink of an eye. She has a wonderful sense of humor and loves putting on a show. While she is 2 1/2 yrs younger than the Hawaiian Princess, she refuses to believe she is too little for anything! If her sisters can do it, than so can she. And when she is not happy, the other side of the world can probably hear the shrill shriek that she has recently perfected. Surprisingly, she also has the best manners of all my kids and is often quick to say "thank you" in just the cutest way!
Baby Princess, Daddy and I love you dearly!
No comments:
Post a Comment