Gotta admit it, I am feeling pretty Grinch-y so far this season. Course this feeling is compounded today for the lack of sleep and the grey stormy weather.
As it is, it can be quite hard to get into the Christmas spirit in Hawaii cuz the weather remains balmy--no snow in sight on this island. And it is the rainy season here--for my mainland friends and family, if you think rainy Indian summer before the leaves change colors perhaps you can picture it. Now don't get me wrong, I love it here and will miss it dreadfully when we relocate stateside, but hearing Christmas music, seeing Christmas specials on TV--it just doesn't jive with the outdoors here.
Oh yeah, and there is the lack of sleep part--thank you my Hawaiian Princess who refused to go to sleep til after 11pm, at which time I fell into bed with a minor migraine--barley slept off the migraine and the princess decided to scream bloody murder--so she and I "bonded" over old TV shows and various cartoons off and on til Daddy got up at 7am. The Racing Princess joined our impromtu party on the living room floor at 6:30am. So I got a brief nap while Daddy got ready for work. Then after he left, I threw the Hawaiian Princess in bed, told the Racing Princess where I would be and crawled back under the covers--for a blissful hour and a half.
I don't remember how I successfully did the little to no sleep thing in college--perhaps I am just not drinking enough Mountain Dew these days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment