Sunday, May 3, 2009

catching up yet again!

Wow, life really seems to get in the way of my blogging these days--course it is pretty funny that something will happen around the house or around the girls and Daddy will comment that it was a "bloggable offense". (We are in the process of patenting that phrase--and hope to make lots of money for the use of it--just kidding or as the Hawaiian Princess would say "jus' jokin'")

Speaking of funny things: The other day, the girls and I were in the van and it was one of those rare moments where I was actually allowed to listen to the radio (gasp!!). There was an ad on the radio from a funeral home discussing the current prom/graduation season and to be responsible and not drink and drive. The Racing Princess takes a big swig of her chocolate milk and says "Ahhhhhhhh! I'm drinking. You're driving." It truly was funny when it happened, re-reading it in black and white, it doesn't look so funny--oh well!

Casual update on our little family:
The Racing Princess is playing soccer. She really enjoys being the goalie. The league she is playing in is a church league and a teaching league--so no score is really kept (except by the really competitive parents) and the kids get to play all of the positions through out the season. She is doing better this year than last--last fall she was too interested in picking flowers and watching the train go by. She still likes school at home, especially going to our homeschool co-op on Tuesdays!

The Hawaiian Princess is our resident drama queen. Lately her new "trick" is to speak without moving her lips, so therefore it is VERY hard to understand her. She also likes to speak with her tongue hanging out of her mouth--again VERY hard to understand her. Thankfully she still naps--she definately needs her "Princess rest" as we call it.

The Baby Princess is finally growing--just last week she hit the 10 pound mark!!! Can't believe she was born weighing 8 lb 3 oz and it took her 4 months to hit 10 lbs! She is rolling over like a champ--really hate it when she does it at 2 am--course she thinks it's time to eat at that time anyway :) She is a morning person--6:30am is her current wake up time. It would be important to note that I am NOT a morning person! Good thing she is soooo cute that early in the morning!

Oh did I mention that the Racing Princess is very good at reading--she is reading over my shoulder and questioning my grammar and wording as I type. She LOVES reading!! I am so glad cuz I love reading too. Course I always preferred to read for fun and not for school, but right now she enjoys her school reading too. She wants you all to know that she has started reading Junie B. Jones books by Barbara Park and really enjoys them.

Daddy finished up his part in the school/computer room and now it's my turn to put everything away and keep it looking nice :) Daddy's current project is tearing out our back deck and putting in a patio--he took pictures today as he began doing demolition--so hopefully I will get those uploaded soon so you can see the progress :)

I am trying to keep the calendar current so that we don't miss any of our comings and goings--somedays that seems like a really tall order :)

No comments: