Sunday, September 23, 2007

Giving it a go

I enjoy reading blogs--one of my friends has a MilBlog (military blog) and my cousin just sent me a card saying she has a blog and there are 3 or 4 homeschooling blogs that I read regularly. Add to all that my Mother "yelling" at me for not sending enough pictures. Hey, why not--let's give it a go.

We are currently nearing the end of a VERY long deployment. My husband has been in Iraq for 14 months now. We did get to see him at Christmas, but that was a long 9 months ago. My husband works on Blackhawk helicopters--hence the picture of the hawks on the blog.

Between the two of us, we currently have three children. All girls--our little princesses.

The first is our Disney princess is 11 yrs old and in the 6th grade--she has a taste for the finer things in life and is rather dainty and petite. Being with us only in the summers and not so random holidays, she sometimes forgets that she is not a guest in our house, but family. Yes she is definately a Disney princess.


The second is our Racing princess is 4 yrs old and we are doing Kindergarten at home this year. She likes all things cars and tools and racing. She loves watching NASCAR with Daddy and Daddy's game (aka football). She is always ready to use her toolset. Lightning McQueen (from the movie CARS, not NASCAR) and the M&M car are her favorites, though she willingly cheers for Daddy's #20 car. Her new interest is gymnastics.

The third princess is our Hawaiian princess who is 15 months. The islands really agree with this little one. She loves being outside: sliding, swinging, playing in the sand and water and let's not forget her newest passion--drawing on EVERYTHING with chalk.

2 comments:

matt bre carter and cooper said...

Looks great Michelle!!!! I will enjoy checking it for new posts. The girls are getting so big, it's crazy! Your fridge looks like mine. (like a leap frog store) ;)
love ya!
Breanna

Leigh said...

I'M SO glad you're blogging!!! I love reading my friends blogs but am not nearly brave enough to start my own.

Just finished a crazy night of AWANA Cubbies tonight. You can tell Del Hayes that I miss him terribly!