Saturday, September 29, 2007

Daddy would be proud

Yes, I am training up the Hawaiian Princess to root for the Huskers and play with footballs. I hope her Daddy is proud :)

She spent nearly 20 minutes "throwing" and chasing this football around the living room which is currently an obstacle course of toys, pillows, and blankets.

Since she isn't really saying any words yet, I can't really teach her to say "touchdown." But the Racing Princess and I did teach her to "roar." She likes the animals in the Little People's A to Z Zoo. The Hawaiian Princess will dump them out and bring them to me several at a time for me to name and imitate their sound (which isn't as easy as it sounds--really what kind of sound does the Ostrich make??).

She consistently brings me the lion, to which I will roar for her. And yesterday she roared back at me--it was the cutest thing. Course it was like the scene out of Jungle Book when Baloo the Bear was trying to teach Mowgli to growl like a bear. It's a good roar the Hawaiian Princess has, but sounds more like the cute cub that she is than her grouchy mama.

No comments: