Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Reunion

It's amazing how resilient the military family is--we have fallen back in step with my husband as an active part of the family again. With the Racing Princess, it's almost like he never left--of course her constant "Remember Dad" is a relentless reminder of things that no he doesn't remember because he wasn't here. The Hawaiian Princess has warmed up nicely to him. Of course she is best when I am not on the premises--oh darn, more excuses for me to leave sans children.

We have fallen into a steady routine, enjoying Daddy's short days of classes before he goes back to work "for real" next week. We have had to specify for the Racing Princess that Daddy will be at work on Wheeler, not at work in Iraq where he has been for the last 15+ months.

I have been quite negligent in taking pictures this past week and I will not apologize for enjoying the moments. Our AWANA grand prix is next month--hence upcoming picture opportunities as Daddy is doing a car for himself and one for the Racing Princess and my Mother comes out next month--she rarely takes less than 1000 pictures when she is here--so we will profit from her shutterbug fever as well.

Well, guess I should post this--the Hawaiian Princess wants to race cars while the Racing Princess is out running errands with Daddy. I really like relinquishing my status as a single parent!!!

No comments: