Monday, October 1, 2007

Counting down days...

Tomorrow begins a new month. The month my husband is to return from the giant sandbox across the sea!!! Don't ask me when during the month. Even though the Army knows, now that it is close at hand, they won't give us details til 24-48 hours prior to arrival. I understand, security reasons and possible unforeseen events, but it is irritating. I like to have a goal--and date to highlight and circle on my calendar. And an answer to the question everyone keeps asking me--when is he coming home??

Today at church, we had a couple servicemembers freshly returned from deployment. It was so good to see that they had returned safely and how happy their wives and children were to have them back. It's crazy--I really didn't feel jealous, I was so thrilled for them. I totally remember the feelings of elation and pride and wholeness when my husband returned from Afghanistan after a year long deployment.

Well, until Daddy comes home, life will plug along. Currently, both princesses are having issues with their allergies. The Hawaiian Princess is having a worst time of it, she is so congested at night that getting to sleep is quite the nightmare. We were up til nearly 3 am last night!! Short nights make for long days!

No comments: