Wednesday, January 23, 2008

changing time zones...

So the Hawaiian Princess thought she would start changing to the midwest time zone a little early and woke up at 2:30am HST--UGH!!! It's already gonna be a long day with our plane not leaving til nearly midnight, but come on!!! And no, she didn't go back to sleep anytime soon--in fact not til after noon. I even drove to the North Shore and back and she was STILL wide awake. Rotten thing.

The van finally shipped today--it was supposed to go yesterday, but somebody forgot to tell the folks in transportation that it was a Federal Holiday and the shipping place wouldn't be open. Course I couldn't call the transportation people to vent cuz they weren't working either. UGH!! Oh well and with the Hawaiian Princess thinking she didn't need her beauty sleep it was really a blessing to still have the van.

All our bags are packed, we're ready to go
...
We're leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when we'll be back again
...
I hate to go

Yeah, yeah--totally left out most of the song on purpose, but these are the lines that are really hitting my heart right now. Funny, the last time this song was so prominent on my mind, I was leaving another island--Great Britian--when I had studied in Wales for 6 months. My friend Lucy could sing this song in a way that totally tore your heart apart. That's pretty much how I am feeling right now. That and I am dreading the subzero temperatures of the midwest :)

No comments: