So we left Hawaii on Tuesday just before midnight..flew to Vegas..girls mostly slept even with the ranting of a crazy woman (not me) mid-flight. Vegas to Denver....the Hawaiian Princess waits til we begin our descent to land before falling asleep and sleeps all the way through the Denver airport (even through the Racing Princess' drama with the escalator which she rode on her bum) and woke up on board our final flight for this part of the journey 5 minutes after silly Daddy asks when we should wake her up.
So we are now in Omaha--we have taken over my brother's house and the poor man is sick with a head cold and hasn't been to work all week. Poor guy!!
The Racing Princess fell asleep in the van on the way to Uncle's house and pretty much slept for about 17 hours. The Hawaiian Princess, on the other hand, was awake for another 3-4 hours after we landed, enjoying being the center of attention, and then woke up 2 hours after we put her down, stayed up for about 3 1/2 hours til Daddy somehow convinced her to go back to sleep. So we woke her up this morning and when I got stink eye from her, I tried to lovingly explain that was how I felt when she woke me up in the night. She didn't seem to really care.
The girls got to see all the Grandmas and Grandpas last night. Today I got to go shopping at Target--which is only a big deal cuz there isn't one on the islands yet.
There is snow on the ground here and it is FREEZING COLD!!! Even some of the locals here will admit that it is a tad on the cold side if that tells you how cold it is. Before windchill it was about 15 degrees. If you take windchill into account, I think we were below zero.
I will try to be brave and take the girls out in the snow soon and post pics--not that you will be able to really see the girls since they will be all bundled up :)
We miss really Hawaii and our ohana there!!!!
1 comment:
Again, pooh. Still miss you. I'm glad you made it there safely and I'm glad your stinker bug slept a little.
Post a Comment