Saturday, August 23, 2008

Slacker

Yep--I am a slacker today--it's the first day we didn't accomplish our goal for school. We didn't do any official school today--but had an awesome little hands-on learning experience. The Racing Princess and I went to get a birthday gift for someone special and we had coupons, so I let her be a big girl and "pay" for her own item. Lo and behold, I actually gave her too much money. So when we got back out to the van (cuz there was NO WAY she was gonna hand it over), I told her if she could tell me how much money she had, she could keep it. We have been working on money and coins and amounts and how to add them this week. She correctly told me she had $1.34 and got to keep it :)

Gotta love it when you can actually apply the book learning to the real world. Last week I was wondering why I was doing this, today I got my answer. (those of you that know me, don't you dare tell me cuz I needed more practice in patience--that is why God gave me the Hawaiian Princess and boy is she testing EVERY nerve I have this week--drat those ear infections and stupid drs for not listening to the Mommy. I told them amoxicillin wouldn't work--we always have to step it up.)

No comments: