Sunday, February 17, 2008

Major Bummer

Our bid was declined--no counter-offer--just a big, fat NO. So that colored our day quite grey yesterday. Still lots of frustration over this response, so nothing else to say on that subject just now.

We began looking at churches today. We went to a nice one today--it is gonna be so hard to find a church here. I am not denying that there are probably some great churches here, but we just left the most awesome church that we have ever experienced so anywhere else is gonna be hard pressed to compare. Course we are also coming from a very real, "everyone is human but we accept you as you are" to the ultra conservative east coast. Definately a major mentality change. PIBC, you have created a rubric that will be hard to match :)

We will try a couple more churches over the next couple of weeks to get an understanding of what a contemporary service in this area is and go from there.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm so sorry about the house. Being "homeless" during a PCS is so difficult for me. I've realized that so much of my security is tied to my physical dwelling (rightly or wrongly) and when I don't have a place to go home to, I'm a bit of a wreck. Praying things fall into place soon for you.

Completely, completely, completely agree with the difficulty of finding your first post-PIBC church. It took us 6 months. The good news is that despite the fact that our church here couldn't possibly look more different than PIBC (it's a big fancy "wedding" church where people where coats and ties and the drums - while on stage - are much more muted and certainly not played by a guy in shorts and slippers) is every bit as much home for us now as PIBC was for us then. One of the most difficult parts about a move for me is letting go of what my church family looked like at my last home and being open to saying, "God, what part of your body do you have for me in this place?" Praying that He leads you to your VA church family soon.

Fermina Daza said...

I'll just ditto what Leigh said. She's much better with words than I am.


My response to the whole thing was "well, that sucks". Like I said, Leigh said it better.



I miss you and I'm praying you find a place to call home (both to live and to worship) soon.