so after hearing from my Mom how great the Hawaiian Princess slept the whole time they had her...yeah...first night in a new place...she woke up before 2 am. So I got up with her and about 30 min later the Racing Princess joined us cuz she was thirsty but since we were up, she didn't see why she needed to go back to bed. Meanwhile, Daddy is sleeping :)
After about an hour of being up, I tried to put the Hawaiian Princess back down. I thought it was gonna work since it was quiet for about 10 min--then she started fussing and Daddy brought her out. Joy! He went back to bed while we girls bonded. Yes, I say that with tongue in cheek---course he did know that I was already awake and wouldn't go back to bed so quickly so he might as well get some sleep since odds are, I will be really grouchy later :)
About 3:30am I finally convinced the Racing Princess that she needed to go back to bed so that she would be ready to go and do fun stuff when everyone gets up. And a half an hour later, the Hawaiian Princess consented to going back to bed as well. Hurray!!! Course now I am wide awake--so I am watching TV, posting here---my excuse is that I want to make sure the Hawaiian Princess is sleeping before I go back into the bedroom that we are all sharing and toss and turn before I actually fall back asleep--it is true, but it is also an excuse.
Luckily, at this point, all we had planned for the day so far was to go and get breakfast. So things will depend on when the Hawaiian Princess wakes up and how grouchy she is.
Oh yeah, and the Racing Princess is quite the comic relief--while we were hanging out in the crazy wee hours, she was wanting to know when she was going back to her "real church"--her words. I asked her what she meant--she explained "my real church, with all my friends, the one not in Omaha or in Virginia" I can only assume she meant PIBC--church family, we miss you dearly!!! She also wanted to know when she was gonna get her real bed back and be in her real room. Trying to explain to her that we don't really have a home right now is just odd--but it's our reality.
Okay--maybe I have dawdled long enough, I know I have griped more than enough, maybe the Hawaiian Princess has elected to sleep now so that I can go to bed and attempt to go back to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment