Monday, January 31, 2011

Hotel cooking

Oven temp conversions
Fahrenheit to Celsius
300  =  about 148
350  =  about 176
400  =  about 204
450  =  about 232
 
so with that being said, we are very thankful to have a kitchenette in our hotel suite. It definately helps on the old pocketbook! We have done the standard cold cut sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, mac 'n cheese, spaghetti and meatballs.
 
Then we got quasi-creative--for me for cooking in the hotel--tonight we had a chicken,rice, cheese and broccoli casserole--it was a hit for Daddy and I. The Hawaiian Princess just ate the broccoli and the Racing Princess on whispers of yummy dessert decided to actually eat a decent portion. Tomorrow, we will have chili and rice. I had planned to make it the other day, however, I had forgotten to put chili powder on my shopping list and the commissary was closed by the time I thought of it and is closed on Mondays--so tomorrow we will make a trip over to the commissary for seasonings. Wednesday we will eat at church before Awana (I love family dinners at church!!). Then Thursday we will have tator tot casserole!!
 
And Friday we will be out of the hotel!!! Our send-ahead shipment should be here on Tuesday, so we will borrow cooking supplies from the lending closet to tide us over the weekend.

No comments: