Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Crazy Weather

Yes, it's definately winter--although here in Hawaii that means something totally different than it did when I was growing up in the midwest.

This last week, we have had crazy high winds which have been quite successful in redecorating our backyard. Luckily, we haven't put up our Christmas decorations yet. As I am typing this at 1:30 am, I can't sleep for all the gusting wind (upwards of 60 mph) and thought I would see when these winds are supposed to slack off--not til 6pm HST--UGH!!

Meanwhile I came across a weather report from the Big Island---the road to Mauna Kea was closed because of ice. That's really quite funny--I mean, I know they get snow up top Mauna Kea, but it's HAWAII!!! Guess that's what happens in those higher altitudes when the rest of us are getting buckets and buckets of rain.

Hopefully, we won't get tons of rain in the overnight so that Daddy and my brother can go golfing tomorrow. We have mostly been stuck home for all the crazy rain and the nasty winds. But it is kinda nice to have a good reason to have chicken noodle soup with the big fat egg noodles and hot chocolate!!!

No comments: