Monday, December 10, 2007

Lost Child in Lowe's

Yes, one of those unthinkable things happened to us tonight. You would think with 3 adults and 2 teens, we wouldn't lose a child. But we did. The Racing Princess thought it would be great fun to run around the store instead of staying with Uncle Craig like she was supposed to. And when she ran off to find Mommy, I wasn't where she thought I would be. Hence the lost little girl in Lowe's.

Luckily, she knew Mommy and Daddy's names (first and last) and found a store attendant who took her to the customer service desk and paged us. I wasn't all that far from Customer Service when I was paged (like 2 aisles away). The Racing Princess was full red in the face with tears and quite relieved to see her irritated mother. I did find it in myself to praise her for finding a store clerk and knowing Mommy and Daddy's name and gratefully allowed Daddy to be the bad guy and chew her butt for taking off like she did.

Praise God for many things: the store wasn't crowded, she didn't get far, she knew to find help right away, she knew our names so we could be paged and the great folks at customer service at Lowe's.

No comments: