Sunday, December 16, 2007

Independent children

Yes, I have very independent children and it always amazes me the ways they find to remind me of their independent streak. This morning, while trying to find the gumption to get outta bed, I thought I heard something. I figured the Racing Princess would soon find her way into our room. Surprisingly, it was the Hawaiian Princess who entered first, followed by the Racing Princess.

The Hawaiian Princess is sleeping in the play pen in the Racing Princess' room right now so that Uncle can have some privacy during his stay. And according to the Racing Princess, she got the Hawaiian Princess outta bed so they could play and then decided to come find us. Getting the specifics on how the 4 year old pulled the 18 month old outta the play pen was interesting...

"I just lifted under her arms, duh!"

Gotta love having my own personal replicas of myself--complete with attitude and sarcasm.

No comments: