Thursday, March 6, 2008

midnight bonding

yes..it is about the Hawaiian Princess AGAIN. We were up til after midnight last night. I don't get it--she goes down good--as if she were going to go to sleep and all. Then 15-20 min, she begins first a whimper, then screaming, then hystericalness (no that is not a real word, but it works for me right now). So we get her out of the bedroom that we all sleep in so that at least the Racing Princess can get some sleep. And with Daddy having to at least report for PT, he gets to go to bed next.

Leaving the (currently not so cute) Hawaiian Princess with me. Now, please don't misunderstand me--I understand that the Racing Princess needs her sleep so she won't be hateful the next day, Daddy needs his sleep so he can "bring home the bacon," but come midnight--I am not a very sympathetic person. Heck, I am not exceptionally sympathetic about screaming children (even my own) any time of the day--but I am even less so at midnight in a hotel.

I feel like I should be writing a parody of Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham. "No I will not sleep, Mom I am. I will not sleep in the dark. I will not sleep at the park. I will not sleep in the dark at the park. I will not sleep Mom I am. I will not sleep in a car. I will not sleep at the bar. I will not sleep in a car at the bar. I will not sleep Mom I am." (the bar part would be for me---I think I could use a stiff nightcap tonight--course it's not like I need one cuz I woke up this morning feeling as if I had hangover--so a stiff drink could make for an even worse morning).

At least the Racing Princess is getting her sleep and is back to doing school work. I think she is extremely bored so she is quite excited to do schoolwork. And we have a sticker chart going--she earns stickers for each page of schoolwork (without attitude issues) she does and then after x amount of stickers, she gets to play her video game for 15 minutes. Course Daddy needs to set it up for us (deployment's over for the time being so I get to leave that kinda stuff to him again).

Finally the Hawaiian Princess has let sleep claim her for an afternoon nap (with minimal screaching), so more schoolwork for the Racing Princess and I while Daddy is at work.

No comments: