Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is today over yet? continued

okay--so evidently asking the question is today over yet is nearly as silly as asking what else can happen. But first, when is the day over with? Is it over when the clock strikes midnight? Is it over when I go to sleep? Is it over when I see the sun the next day?

In this case, I am going with the day is over when I see the sun the next day. Mostly cuz I would rather have all bad things happen in one day and start the next day with a clean slate--as clean as my tired body and mind will allow anyway.

Four AM--the Hawaiian Princess wakes up screaming (please note that in this post, the term Princess is used with a snarled lip and meaning anything but princess--in fact brat girl would probably be more appropriate for this post). When I go in to see what is the matter, both girls are wide awake! UGH! I try to tuck both back in bed and seconds after I shut the door again, much wailing ensues. So I kick the Hawaiian Princess out of the room and tell the Racing Princess to get some shut eye. The Hawaiian Princess believes she has been invited downstairs since she sees lights on down there. So off she goes. Daddy is still awake and watching TV. Silly Daddy should have been in bed at least two hours ago, especially since he has to in early and work another full shift. (he had been checking out the washer, but was afraid he was being too loud) Daddy says he will take care of the Hawaiian Princess (who has snuggled up on his chest by now). So back to bed I go.

Roughly 30-40 minutes later, Daddy comes to bed. Then we hear wailing again. The Hawaiian Princess went down great, Daddy tells me. But the Racing Princess got up to use the bathroom. The Hawaiian Princess doesn't appreciate "being left". So again, I go to tuck them back in. And again seconds after shutting the door, the wailing ensues. I truly feel bad for the Racing Princess with a screaming sister in the room--so I took the Hawaiian Princess back to her original room. We tried laying on the daybed together (and I am reminded why I cannot sleep with my children--between the wiggling, kicking and headbutting nobody sleeps). So I put her in her toddler bed (she usually just naps there now) and out the door I went. There was some mild crying--irritated crying for which I could find no sympathy with it being after 5:30 now.

So I grabbed my pillows as I figured I would probably be out of bed again and laid down on floor of the Racing Princess' room. Sure enough, I had just fallen asleep when the Hawaiian Princess begins kicking her door and howling. I tried counting kicks (yes those on the door as well as the baby in my womb--they were alternating so it was a nice rythym). Then the howling turned to wailing again and got louder (it's amazing how loud everything is at night). At least she had stopped kicking the door. Well then she worked herself a little hysterical--yep, brat girl was the nicest term running through my head at this point.

So I hoisted myself off the floor and opened the door--she was back in her bed. I grumpily told her to lay down as I shut myself in the room with her. Then I laid back down on the daybed. This is a much more comfortable arrangement--her in the toddler bed and me on the daybed. She flipped and flopped from one end of the bed to the other, I pretended to be asleep. She flipped and flopped from one side of the bed to the other, I pretended to be asleep. Some where in all this, I went to sleep (last time check was about 6:30) and when I woke up to roll over about 7:30 she was sleeping too. About time!!!

Both girls and I slept til about 10 this morning. Another one of those days I am so glad I am homeschooling and didn't need to be a slave to the alarm clock to get the Racing Princess up and out of the house for school!!

So hopefully today will be better. Hopefully the Hawaiian Princess will nap--even if it is a short one--before AWANA and please please please let her sleep through the night tonight.

No comments: