So it seems like everywhere I live, I get to learn a new weather term. For Virginia, it is "nor'easter." I have heard it before but it really didn't mean anything to me...until now.
According to Wikipedia, a nor'easter is basically a large tropical storm with winds coming from the northeast. It can occur anytime of the year, but is most known for it's winter "attacks" when it tends to be most devastating as it will bring arctic temperatures with it. Hurricane force winds, heavy snows, and coastal flooding are all associated with a nor'easter.
We are currently experiencing our first Nor'easter here in Virginia. It started with warnings of strong winds over several days. Then the following day, the weather system was deemed a nor'easter. The first day and a half of it, we had strong winds and the temperature dropped, especially at night. Last night and today came the rain and the winds.
For those who know me--yes I am delightfully drowning my stomach in hot chocolate and marshmallows, which had been fairly difficult to enjoy in Hawaii except on a cooler occasion. Oh and I made chicken noodle soup the other day with the Reames egg noodles and it was so amazing to enjoy on a cool windy day. My sister-in-law's roommate made chili--so now I am in the mood for that, but that will be for tomorrow :) And having been in Hawaii for as long as we were, yes, I will be having mine over rice :) and smothered in cheese!!!
2 comments:
I am jealous.
Chili is meant to be eaten between rice and cheese. :) We're enjoying the cooler weather, too!
Post a Comment