I knew today was going to be a long day and probably a rough one...but boy will I be glad when it is over.
We were out of milk, so I had to go to the store--which meant Daddy had to get up with the girls and get them ready for the day. And he did--clothes on and pigtails done for both girls when I got back with the groceries. We ate a big breakfast and off and running we went.
First to church for our first ever co-op. The Hawaiian Princess to the nursery, the Racing Princess and I to the sanctuary. Co-op is three "classes" and we were there about 2 1/2 hours. Then to kill some time since we had swim lessons in a couple hours and no sense driving home and being tempted to put the Hawaiian Princess down for a nap. So we went to Costco for a late lunch and some shopping.
Off to swim lessons (here is where the painful part began)--the Hawaiian Princess' class is 4:30 to 5 and the Racing Princess' class is 4:45 to 5:30. Even though she was shivering and had blue lips, the Hawaiian Princess was quite irritated about having to wait around for sister to finish class and not being able to get back in the pool. Did I mention it was only 75 degrees today and while it is an indoor pool, the water temperature tends to reflect the outside temperature? Yeah, well she was actually cranky enough to tell me she was tired--which got mixed reactions of several parents sitting around me (everything from "wow, I wish my kid would say that" to "I have never heard a kid say that").
After swim lessons, off to the locker room to change--a painful process in and of itself--especially when someone has to pee and the wet swimsuit WON'T COME OFF. UGH!! Anyway--got everyone changed, out of the community center and into the van. No--our day is not over yet. Off to soccer practice for the Racing Princess--it starts at 6. Luckily, it was just a few blocks away from swim lessons. We pull in the parking lot just as coach is starting practice and the Racing Princess still needs her shin guards (which are a part of her soccer socks) on and her soccer shoes. Did I mention it had be raining off and on all day long?
Thankfully, the Hawaiian Princess spent the hour long soccer practice in the drizzle watching a movie in the van (and silly me almost didn't want the dvd player--whatever was I thinking?!?). But the drama started on the way home cuz this momma didn't pack and after soccer practice drink for the Hawaiian Princess and coach had given drinks to the players for the ride home. All the way home, the cute little turd screamed and kicked my seat.
And so set the mood for events at the house. It was nearly 7:30 when we got home. We still needed to eat dinner--not a huge deal, lately we have been eating with Daddy about 8:20. So I threw the swim clothes and towels in the washing machine and went to the kitchen to begin dinner. Have you discovered the plot yet? Do you know what happens next??
I asked the Racing Princess to take something upstairs for me and shortly thereafter, I hear a crashing sound (more a dull thud and a thump) and then hysterical crying (which annoys me--if she would just cry that would be one thing, but this mouth open wailing stuff is aggrivating). So, uncaring me, hollers what happened. As I round the corner from the kitchen, I see wet floor. My entire entry way is flooded and my darling daughter unsuccessfully attempted water skiing on accident of course. UGH!!
The washing machine, evidently, had continued to fill even after it had reached the beyond full point and generously shared it's fluid content with my entry way. I actually had the presence of mind to stop the washing machine. Heck, I even turned it to spin to see if I could drain away some of the water so it would stop sloshing on my floor. Of course that caused more sloshing for a short bit, til the water drained. I left a short frustration filled voice mail on Daddy's cell phone (even though he would be home in less than 45 minutes) and bolted upstairs as fast as my fat baby bearing body would allow (those of you who know me I am sure laughed loud right there and that's okay--I think if I saw me bolting anywhere right now, I would laugh too) to get all the towels I could find and threw them down the stairs and a toy bucket (empty of toys) to throw the soaking towels into since I wouldn't be able to just throw them in the washing machine :)
On his dinner break, Daddy deduced that it was a water valve that has gone kaput. Ten year old washer, okay--something bound to go kaput. Did I mention that not only does Daddy have to go into work 4 hours early tomorrow, he has to work his normal shift both tonight and tomorrow as well? So I will be without the benefit of a modern day washer in my home for at least a couple days. And if I didn't have a load of swim wear that needs to be washed by Thursday afternoon and a toybucket full of wet towels, I might actually be okay with that. Oh crap--my AWANA shirt for tomorrow is in that wet load of wash. Grrrr....anyone know where the closest laundromat is?
I dare not ask what else--cuz my wicked imagination is very naughty--so instead I ask, is today over with yet??
No comments:
Post a Comment