For soccer, they don't keep score--officially. All competitive parents keep score :) We have a couple 5 year olds on our team who really know what they are doing and are really quite good. One is a team player and one is a bit of a ball hog.
This is the first game I have been to and it was really cool to see the Racing Princess get into the game. She got knocked down once, but shook it off really well. She had control of the ball a couple times and she was not afraid to get in the mix and "fight" for the ball.
The Racing Princess did get rather annoyed with me at one point cuz I kept asking her where the ball was. One time she was walking away from where the ball was being thrown in and in response to my question, threw her thumb over her back--complete with a disgusted look. One of the parents behind me put words to that look "Yeah Mom it's back there and I really don't care right now." :) That was about right!!
The coach does a great job of rotating the kids on the playing field so that everyone has at least one opportunity to play--usually two opportunities. I am supposed to give my husband grief from the coach since he wasn't there to help out yesterday (she really appreciated his help on the field the week before).
I did find out that the minimum age is 3 so a year from this coming spring season, the Hawaiian Princess can play too :) About halfway through the game, she was itching to be out there running with the big kids :)
No comments:
Post a Comment