Several times this weekend, I scolded my girls for interrupting when I was talking with Daddy. The other day, the Hawaiian Princess and I went to wake Daddy up and she asked a question. Which I answered. She grabbed my face in her little hands and informed me that she was talking to Daddy not me and then asked Daddy her question again.
It's amazing how a 2 year old and a 5 year old can really humble me. In the most unflattering of ways, they are my mirrors. When one yells at the other, it is my words or my tones I hear coming from their little bodies. The dirty looks they give me or each other or their dad are the same dirty looks that my face has been known to wear.
Sometimes my actions/words/etc are days ahead of theirs. Sometimes only hours. Occasionally only minutes.
When I am feeling and acting angry, I soon receive or witness their anger in return. When I am loving, I feel or witness their loving actions.
Sometimes they mirror me by being the complete opposite. When I am emotionally or physically distant, my children are clingy and needy. When I am tired and out of energy, my children are non-stop and full of energy.
No comments:
Post a Comment