Ummm...so far, impossible. Even with the GPS, we often find ourselves on a sheep-path or a non-existent road or being told to turn on to a road that in reality is not there. It is very frustrating to say the least.
One of the blogs that I began to follow before we moved to Germany just recently posted on this topic. You can read her blog-article HERE.
I do like that Europeans really don't use North, South, East and West--only because I am directionally challenged and can't find those directions in the USA except when the sun is rising or setting. However, since my Germany geography is minimal at best--to say that I am very much out of luck here is an understatement.
In Europe, directions are given by towns. You need to know what major towns are in the direction of where you are headed in order to actually get there. That can also be misleading since when we go to visit Uncle D. and family in Stuttgart, we start out headed toward Heilbronn and when we are headed home, we also start out headed toward Heilbronn.
Heilbronn is west of us and north of Stuttgart--when we get on the autobahn by our place, we are headed west. At a later point in the trip, we take a different autobahn south to Stuttgart (amazingly following the signs to Stuttgart). When we head home, we get on the autobahn North toward Heilbronn, and then take an autobahn going east following signs to Nuremburg.
No comments:
Post a Comment