Thursday, November 27, 2008

Yeah, I'm in trouble


Not that I am normally outta trouble--but this morning was bad and I am sure when my folks read this I will get their version of "the glare" over the phone.
So I have gestational diabetes. Which means I have to change my normally opposite diabetes diet (high in starches and sweets) to a more diabetes friendly diet (lots more veggies and protein and way less starches and sweets). It also means I have to test my blood sugar four times a day to make sure that my numbers are good.
Yeah, I was horribly high after my breakfast this morning. I know what caused it. When my sister-in-law made her pies yesterday, she had extra pie crust and made little bits with splenda and cinnamon and I was piecing on those after breakfast. Which since I had already had my allotment of carbohydrates for breakfast, I should not have done. I should have showed self-control and waited til my morning snack to sample the pie crust bits---but I didn't and therefore my blood sugar was horribly high, thus resulting the gruesome glare of my husband and sister-in-law.
So now my own personal food police are totally on the job--at least for the rest of the weekend before my sister-in-law goes back to NC and then I will be back on the honor system and will be needing lots prayers for self-control and the strength to break my bad eating habits so that the baby will be healthy and I won't remain diabetic after baby's birth.

No comments: